• Deutsch
  • English

The mountain inn

The hosts| our local|  opening hours

1951 1964 1985
Fritz Wilsch married Margarethe Rothensteiner in 1948 and together with his mother-in-law Maria Jagersberger and Hias Jagersberger they „settled" the Mamauwiese

In 1951 a break-house was built from the small house, Maria Jagersberger became the first host.

In 1953 and 1964 the building was extended by a stable and a garage.
In 1966, Maria handed over the company to her daughter Margarethe Wilsch.

In 1967 the building was extended by a veranda.
In 1973 Margarethe handed over the company to her son Friedrich. The kitchen was expanded.
From April, 2017, our restaurant shines in new brilliance. The cozy restaurant offers seating for 35 people, The rustic hunting lodge with two large tables is ideal for small family celebrations or groups of up to 25 people and at the veranda "Schneebergblick" celebrations, baptisms, bus trips and events of any kind can be held for up to 70 persons. TOP
In 1978 and 1980, further construction and conversion work was carried out
In 1999, the old mattress storage on the attic and the agriculture were abandoned.
In the former stable building, 5 new beds were created for a total of 48 persons with washrooms and toilets.

Our guests can expext good home cooked meals with tasty products from the region such as:
  • Snacks
  • Hearty luch for hikers
  • Light kitchen for igure-conscious hikers
  • Sweet temtations for sweet tooth
For the early hiker and our house guest we serve of course a decent mountain breakfast.

In 2010 a sewage treatment plant was built. All sewage from all properties of the Mamauwiese are cleaned at the Berggasthof and almost into drinking water quality in the Sebastianbach.



From November to April 2012 the Berggasthof was converted and redesigned. The guest room is enlarged and the entire restaurant is newly furnished.


Klostertal 65
2770 Gutenstein
Mail: info@mamauwiese.at
Phone: 02634/72088

QR Code QR Code